Within my professional development plan, I have looked at my current skills and career aspirations and evaluated myself using the AMEC framework. I have thought about how I want to achieve my PR goal of becoming a PR executive for an in-house consumer business. My skills listed below will help me achieve this as well as my summer placement at REN Skincare.
- Sound Knowledge of multiple software: Mac OS X, Windows 2016, Photoshop, Canva, InDesign and Microsoft Office Programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Positive and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Always showing my initiative
- Excellent written skills through blog writing
- Creative thinker
- Highly organised; able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Exceptional teamwork skills; supporting group members and being able to work well in a group, whilst recognising problems and supporting them when necessary
- Understanding social media and the ability to use insights and boosting
Within my professional development plan, I have used the AMEC Evaluative Framework. This has helped me understand where I am currently, and where I want to be in the future in relation to my career aim of becoming a PR consumer executive.
I have attended extracurricular events at University including ‘Meet the Professionals’ which I wrote a blog post on…
As well as attending online webinars on the PRCA website including Steve Dunne on ‘Social Media Metrics’ and Natalie Hughes on ‘Facebook for PR and Communications’.